- Top Modern Blinds Ideas and Inspiration - October 5, 2021
- Remarkable Short Curtain Ideas and Inspiration: Buying Guide - October 1, 2021
- Best Short Blackout Curtain Ideas For The Privacy - September 16, 2021
Over centuries, purple has been known to represent royalty, luxury, ambition, and wealth. So, imagine having purple curtains in your home; the luxurious feel makes it look like a house in the posh areas of Beverly Hills, but quite affordable. Isn’t that amazing?
There is no better way to incorporate this incredible color than with these curtains. Gone are the days when people only bought white or cream curtains for their homes. These days, the bolder your choice, the better. So, why not purple? Below is a comprehensive guide on purple curtain ideas and inspirations.
Purple comes in very many shades, such as violet, magenta, lavender, lilac, and mauve, to name a few. Deep purple curtains will add a feel of luxury to the home, while lighter shades will create a sense of relaxation. One of the reasons why purple stands out is that it is pretty versatile and can suit the majority of the decors and styles for the home.
Reasons Why You Need Purple Curtains
Below are some of the reasons why you need purple curtains for your home.
They Give A Classic Look
If you love a classic decoration concept for your home, then purple is the best color to go for. It is perfect for the living room and bedroom.
They Are Soft For All Kinds Of Decor
If you want soft and elegant decor, then purple curtains are the best solution. Dark purple, especially, is great for creating a soft look. It can also make your bedroom look romantic.
They Are Luxurious
Purple is a luxurious color; hence it will make your home look exactly that way. Your decoration will also look luxurious when complemented with purple curtains.
Purple Curtain Ideas And Inspirations: Our Best 8 Picks
There are numerous purple curtains in the market, and you may be confused about where to start from. The good news is that we are here to simplify the process for you. Here are eight purple curtain ideas and inspirations that we love that will change the outlook of your home.
LEMOMO Purple Blackout Curtains
If you want complete privacy and a modern, classy look, then these are the curtains for you. They have dimensions of 52*84 inches and have a soft texture due to their polyester fabric. Due to the silver grommets, they can be touted as the perfect purple and silver curtains.
Why we love them:
- They Are Energy Saving: These curtains are thermally insulated; hence they will prevent energy losses by insulating the home during cold winters and hot summers. They are therefore perfect for the nursery room, kids room, bedrooms, and living rooms.
- They Are High Quality: You will get value for money by buying these LEMOMO purple curtains as they are high-quality and pretty durable. They are made from heavy and durable polyester that will last you many years. They are also smooth and free from chemical smells.
- They Offer Maximum Privacy: These blackout curtains impede up to 99% of light and UV rays. The darker they are, the better. They are manufactured using a triple weave innovative method that helps reduce noise and maximize privacy.
- They Help Protect Your Furniture: LEMOMO thermally insulated blackout curtains will keep off most of the sunlight and UV rays. Therefore, they will help protect your furniture, artwork, and floors from the harmful effects of the sun’s rays. This helps prevent them from fading quickly.
We recommend that you avoid bleaching them and only iron in low-temperature settings.
NICETOWN Triple Weave Thermal Insulated Purple Curtains
These NICETOWN dark purple curtains are great at filtering out light and UV rays. They are also perfect for reducing noise pollution.
Why we love them:
- They Are Energy Saving: Blackout curtains are perfect in that they will help you save energy. These NICETOWN curtains also have a triple weave fabric that helps insulate against the winter cold and summer heat. They will also protect your furniture from UV rays and the harsh effects of sunlight.
- They Are Good To Go: We love the fact that they are wrinkle-free and also thread-trimmed. They also fit easily with standard curtain rods, hence easy to install. Therefore, all you need to do with these curtains is put them up right away when you get home and are good to go.
- They Protect You From Light: These blackout curtains help impede up to 99% of light and UV rays. You will therefore enjoy watching your favorite shows without any light hindering the experience. They are also noise-reducing; hence you will sleep better no matter the noise in the house.
- They Are Easy To Maintain: One of the reasons we love these NICETOWN curtains is that they are effortless to maintain and last longer. All you need to do is to machine wash them in cold water. You can also tumble dry them and steam clean them when necessary.
Yakamok Light Blocking Gradient Purple Ombre Curtains
If you want to be more adventurous, you can try out these Yakamok purple ombre curtains. They offer two shades that make the room look fresh and add some aesthetics to it.
Why we love them:
- They Have A Gradient Color: Their amazing two-tone ombre curtain panels will add some style and color to your home. The top part is greyish white, while the bottom is purple. We love their gradient color as they will be great for any room in the house.
- They Are Multifunctional: These Yakamok curtains are perfect as they block out up to 70% of sunlight and UV rays, hence offering you privacy. They also help provide high-quality sleep as they are also noise-reducing. Due to these functionalities, they are great for most families.
- They Are Easy To Maintain: These Yakamok curtains are easy to maintain, hence a win for you. They are made to last and will serve you for many years. All you need to do is to machine wash them in cold water and tumble dry.
- They Are Unique: These color gradient Yakamok curtains will leave your guests asking you where you got them from. They are unique and will wow your guests. You can also use them all year round, whether it’s spring or summer, hence perfect for you. Due to their blackout feature, they will block heat in the summer and cold in the winter.
- They Are Smooth: These ombre blackout curtains are made of 100% polyester and are quite soft and smooth. They are silky and smooth to touch.
Jinchan Damask Printed Purple Curtains
If you want to add some antiqueness and vintage vibes to your home, then these Jinchan Damask printed purple curtains are the best for you. They are attention-grabbing and hard to miss due to their stunning features.
Why we love them:
- They Are Unique: Why go for regular purple curtains when you can go for printed ones like these Jinchan Damask curtains? They create a contrast hence giving you an eye-catching look.
- They Are Easy To Install: They come with a matte silver nickel grommet top detail that makes installation a breeze. You can therefore open and close them easily.
- They Keep Off Sunlight: They are made of room darkening fabric that reduces up to 50% of sunlight and UV rays. Therefore, you will enjoy a serene environment at any time of day or night.
- They Are Easy To Maintain: They are also relatively easy to maintain, even though their fabric looks complex. All you need to do is machine wash them in cold water. You can also quick iron them.
Anjee 84 Inch Sheer Curtains With Rod Pocket Purple Textured Drapes
These Anjee rod pockets slip over the curtain rod as they usually have a pocket sewn at the top. They are 100% polyester and come in a variety of sizes.
Why we love them:
- Linen Texture: These Anjee sheer curtains come in a supple linen texture that you will love. They are made from a lightweight and durable voile that is very easy to maintain. These sheer curtains also filter sunlight and allow fresh air into the home.
- They Are Bright: We love that these Anjee sheer purple curtains have an elegant finish that will brighten your home. They are therefore perfect for the living room, kitchen, dining room, and nursery.
- They Offer Easy Care: These curtains will not fade or wrinkle after washes if that is what you were worried about. They are machine washable and can be washed in cold water. They are easy to care for, hence no hassles for you.
If you have kids at home, these curtains are perfect as they are child-friendly and do not have complicated designs.
Denocovo Grommet Room Darkening Blackout Purple Curtains
These curtains come in a set of two panels, measuring 52* 54 inches, and two tie-backs. They come with eight silver grommets per panel and come in numerous sizes.
Why we love them:
- They Have Incredible Texture: They are made of 100% high-quality polyester fabric. Each panel has a foil printed wave line. They are also quite silky and soft to touch.
- They Have A Blackout Effect: These curtains have a room darkening effect and can easily obstruct sunlight from getting into the room. They hinder up to 98% of sunlight and UV rays from getting into the room, making it easy to fall asleep. They also have maximum privacy as they are not see-through.
- They Are Energy Saving: These blackout curtains will help you save on energy costs as they reduce the heat lost in winter and reflect heat in summer.
We recommend that you only hand-wash the curtains and do so below 86 degrees Fahrenheit. Avoid bleaching and tumble drying them. Also, avoid using fabric softener to makes it last longer.
Roslynwood Luxurious Velvet Curtains
Contrary to most of the curtains made of silk or polyester, these Roslynwood curtains are velvet. If you love royalty and drama, then velvet is the perfect go-to.
Why we love them:
- They Have A High-Sheen Finish: We love the velvet fabric as it is pretty thick and has a high-sheen finish. This makes them perfect for the living room, bedroom, or dining room.
- They Are Super Soft: These Roslynwood velvet curtains are also super soft and will give your home a classic look.
- They Are Easy To Maintain: You can machine wash them with cold water. Also, only use non-chlorine bleach and avoid wringing them. Instead, hang them to dry.
The only downside is that purple velvet curtains should only be used occasionally, for example, when guests come over. Using them regularly will let them wear out faster and require more maintenance.
Sequin Purple Curtains
If you have always wanted to change your curtains from ordinary to quirkier ones, then these are the curtains to go for. They are pretty lavish and unique.
Why we love them:
- Sequin Backdrop Panel: These sequin curtains come in two pieces and are 2ft* 8ft in height.
- They Are Seamless: They are seamless and quite sparky. We advise that you shake it before using it.
- They Are Multifunctional: If you have been looking for a backdrop for conducting photoshoots at home, then these will do. They are also perfect for Halloween, Christmas, prom, bridal showers, and other event decors. They are elegant and intriguing, and you are sure that your guests will be amazed.
- They Are High Quality: These sequin curtains are of high quality; hence you will be confident that they will last long. They are also made of high-density fabric that is not see-through. Also, the quality of glitter curtains is excellent; hence you do not have to worry about them wearing out fast.
- They Are Easy To Set Up: They have a 2.5″ rod pocket design that fits all standard and decorative rods. Therefore, installing these curtains is relatively easy.
We highly recommend these curtains for rooms with black furniture, especially the bedroom. This way, they will stand out and capture people’s attention. However, if you love simplicity, then these may not be the best curtains for you.
Question: What Purple Shades Are Best For Curtains?
Answer: There are numerous shades of purple to choose from, but it all depends on your tastes and preferences. The most popular shades in the market at the moment are lilac, blush, and lavender. However, these are only suitable if you love light shades. If you don’t and prefer darker shades, then dark violet and electric purple will be a perfect choice.
Question: What Colors Go With Purple Curtains?
Answer: Purple works well with numerous colors. For example, orange, yellow, blue, and green colors create incredible contrasts with purple. Also, pink and indigo complement it effectively.
Question: Is Purple A Good Color For My Bedroom?
Answer: Many people associate purple with a child’s bedroom or a feminine room. However, purple can be used in the main bedroom and is a great color when done right. You can go for a rich deep purple if you want to play it safe or use patterned purple curtains if you’re going to go all out.
Purple also helps promote your creativity; hence, no need to be shy about trying it in your bedroom.
Question: Is There A Shade That Will Make My Room Bigger?
Answer: You might have a small room and wonder if there is a purple shade that will make it appear bigger. Yes, the lighter shades of purple will create an illusion of ample space. For example, lavender, cotton candy, and blush will help make your room look bigger.
Purple curtains are a great way to showcase your taste in the home’s decor. We have compiled the above list of our preferred purple curtain ideas and inspirations, and we hope that they will be helpful. We particularly love the LEMOMO blackout purple curtains as they are simple, easy to set up, and will block out excessive sunlight. Get one today, and let us know your experience in the comments below.